This course covers the complementary subjects of managing risk and compliance issues. It focuses on the skills and knowledge required to manage risks in accordance with ISO 31000 principles and guidelines and to identify and interpret the range of external and internal compliance requirements and obligations that must be fulfilled by an organisation. It also covers how to evaluate and review an organisation’s risk and compliance management system and how it is fulfilling its obligations and responsibilities under applicable compliance requirements.
The course has been designed to be consistent with the ISO 31000 Risk Management standard and the AS3806 Standard for Compliance Programs.
Suitable for roles such as:
- Chief Executives, senior managers with compliance responsibilities
- Compliance Managers or member of compliance management team within a larger organisation
- Management system auditors carrying out compliance audits
- Internal or external consultants providing advice on compliance management systems
- Those looking to move into a risk and compliance related role.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will have gained the following knowledge and skills and be able to:
- Identify organisational operations subject to compliance requirements and establish risk context
- Identify internal and external compliance requirements and risks relevant to the organisation
- Interpret, analyse and prioritise compliance requirements and risks
- Document and communicate compliance requirements
- Select and implement treatment strategies
- Develop a compliance evaluation plan
- Gather evaluation data using appropriate techniques
- Analyse collected data and determine findings and outcomes
- Document and disseminate evaluation outcomes and recommendations.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
This training is available as:
- a 2 day face-to-face course, public or ‘in house’ program, plus post course assessment.
In course – Assessment
During the face-to-face course assessment is designed around participants carrying out the steps to systematically identify risk and compliance issues using case studies, allowing them to practice the techniques to be applied post course. These include practical implementation exercises utilizing case study organisations, as well as written, knowledge based assignments.
Post Course Assessment
Participants must also complete a workplace risk and compliance management project as part of demonstrating competence and submit relevant examples of the associated documentation for assessment purposes.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you believe that you have already acquired some or all of the competencies through previous training, work or life experience you can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL).