This course combines provides participants with the core competencies to lead audits of quality management systems to ensure that they meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
Whilst not essential, it would be advantageous to have a knowledge of Management Systems and Standards.
- Those involved in developing a Quality Management System
- Those carrying out audits of Quality Management Systems, looking to gain formal recognition of their knowledge and experience.
Relevant Competency Units
Upon successful completion of the course students will be issued with a Certificate of Attainment for the following Exemplar Global units:
- Exemplar Global-QM Quality Management Systems
- Exemplar Global-AU Management Systems Auditing
- Exemplar Global-TL Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
Successful students can apply to become a QMS Auditor under the Exemplar Global Auditor Certification Scheme.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will have gained the following knowledge and skills and be able to:
- Apply quality management principles
- Understand the terminology, intent and requirements of ISO 9001 and how to meet them
- Relate ISO 9001 to different industry contexts
- Identify typical evidence to demonstrate conformity to the requirements of ISO 9001
- Set up quality management systems to assist in meeting customer requirements and improve organisational effectiveness
- Evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of a quality management system
- Understand the difference between legal compliance and ISO 9001 conformity
- Establish audit objectives, scope and criteria
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team
- Schedule audits and develop site audit plans and checklists
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
- Gather objective evidence using interviewing, observation, and sampling techniques
- Organise and direct audit team members
- Consider the cultural, religious, and or social customs of the auditee during audit conduct
- Analyse and interpret information to determine conformance with requirements
- Prepare audit reports and undertake follow up activities.
This training is available as:
- a 5 day Public course where training and assessment is designed around participants carrying out the steps to audit a quality management system for a case study organisation. Please refer to our public course schedule.
- an ‘In House’ programme where training and assessment is customised to suit the needs of your organisation, typically by using the organisation itself as the focus for implementation activities including the identification of key processes. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The training features a range of assessment events designed to allow multiple opportunities for participants to demonstrate competency. These include practical exercises and brief written assignments.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you believe that you have already acquired some or all of the competencies through previous training, work or life experience you can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL).