For organisations to ensure that they reap the full benefits of their management systems it is essential to have competent auditors whose task is to determine not just correct implementation but effectiveness, and highlight opportunities for continuous improvement. This training provides participants with the ability to audit their organisation’s RTO management systems based on the approach outlined in the ISO 19011 standard.
It is recommended that participants have a knowledge of the VET Quality Framework including the NVR Standards.
- Managers and compliance officers of RTOs and/or and group training organisations
- Potential new applicants for RTO registration
- Those required to carry out internal audits and self assessments of RTOs
- Those who may take the role of auditees in an RTO audit.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will have gained the following knowledge and skills and be able to:
- Identify how internal audits can help support RTO compliance with the VET Quality Framework and other related criteria
- Outline the benefits of internal audits
- Plan effective internal audits
- Conduct the audit and evaluate audit evidence
- Prepare audit reports and formulate corrective action strategies
- Undertake follow up activities to ensure continuous improvement.
This training is available as:
- a 1 day Public course where training combines the theory of the audit process with practical application using a case study organisation’s RTO management system.
- an ‘In House’ programme where the theory is combined with participants using the skills of auditing in carrying out a “live” audit of their organisation’s own RTO System.