For organisations to ensure that they reap the full benefits of their Management Systems it is essential to have competent auditors whose task is to determine not just correct implementation but effectiveness, and highlight opportunities for continual improvement. This training provides students with the core competencies to audit management systems of all types based on the approach outlined in the ISO 19011 standard.
Whilst not essential, it would be advantageous to have a knowledge of Management Systems and Standards.
- Those currently involved in any form of Management System implementation
- Those carrying out audits, looking to gain formal recognition of their knowledge and experience
- Those with expertise in areas such as environmental, quality, or safety management looking to gain knowledge and experience in auditing.
Relevant Competency Units
Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a Certificate of Attainment for the following Exemplar Global competency units:
- Exemplar Global-AU Management Systems Auditing
- Exemplar Global-TL Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
These competencies count towards becoming an auditor under the Exemplar Global Auditor Certification Scheme.
Upon successful completion of this course students will have gained the following knowledge and skills and be able to:
- Establish audit objectives, scope and criteria
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team
- Schedule audits and develop site audit plans and checklists
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
- Gather objective evidence using interviewing, observation, and sampling techniques
- Organise and direct audit team members
- Consider the cultural, religious, and or social customs of the auditee during audit conduct
- Analyse and interpret information to determine conformance with requirements
- Prepare audit reports and undertake follow up activities.
This training is available as:
- a 2 day Public course where training and assessment is designed to reflect actual audit conditions with students sampling a case study organisation’s management system, formulate an auditing strategy and gaining practical experience in the audit process. Please refer to our public course schedule.
- an ‘In House’ programme where training and assessment is customised to suit the needs of your organisation, typically by providing the opportunity for students to not only learn the skills of auditing, but to carry out “live” audits of their organisation’s own Management System, which can then count as part of the organisation’s audit programme. Contact us directly at email@example.com.
- a mentored ‘live’ audit where one of our experienced auditors directs trainee auditors through a ‘hands on’ training and assessment process. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All training features a range of assessment events designed to allow multiple opportunities for students to demonstrate competency. These include practical audit exercises, brief written assignments and submission of an audit report.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you believe that you have already acquired some or all of the competencies through previous training, work or life experience you can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL).