The development of a quality management system provides an organisation with a structured means for managing day to day operations, with the aim of continually meeting customer requirements and internal objectives as well as identifying ways to improve.
This training provides participants with the core competencies to implement quality management systems to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
Whilst not essential, it would be advantageous to have a knowledge of Management Systems and Standards.
- Those involved in developing a Quality Management System
- Those carrying out audits of Quality Management Systems, looking to gain formal recognition of their knowledge and experience.
Relevant Exemplar Global Competency Units
- Exemplar Global-QM Quality Management Systems
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Attainment. This part qualifies participants to become a QMS Auditor under the Exemplar Global Auditor Certification Scheme.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will have gained the following knowledge and skills and be able to:
- Apply quality management principles
- Understand the terminology, intent and requirements of ISO 9001 and how to meet them
- Relate ISO 9001 to different industry contexts
- Identify typical evidence to demonstrate conformity to the requirements of ISO 9001
- Set up quality management systems to assist in meeting customer requirements and improve organisational effectiveness
- Evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of a quality management system
- Understand the difference between legal compliance and ISO 9001 conformity.
This training is available as:
- a 3 day Public course where training and assessment is designed around participants carrying out the steps to implement an quality management system for a case study organisation.
- an ‘In House’ programme where training and assessment is customized to suit the needs of your organisation, typically by using the organisation itself as the focus for implementation activities including the identification of key processes.
- Distance based learning in which students are provided with learning resources and assessment tasks to complete remotely under the guidance of an allocated ANDSAM assessor.
The training features a range of assessment events designed to allow multiple opportunities for participants to demonstrate competency. These include practical implementation exercises and brief written assignments.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you believe that you have already acquired some or all of the competencies through previous training, work or life experience you can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL).