This course focuses on the skills and knowledge required to facilitate all aspects of audit teamwork. It involves taking a leadership role in facilitating the work of the audit team including:
- selection of team members
- identifying key performance standards
- development of audit team plans and work allocation
- meetings management
- leading and coordinating teamwork
- problem solving and conflict resolution
- on site communication
- coaching and feedback on team performance
- engaging with stakeholders such as clients and auditees.
Whilst not essential it would be advantageous to have previously completed a Management Systems Auditing course and to have been involved in carrying out audits.
Suitable for roles such as:
- Management system representatives with audit responsibilities
- Internal and external management system auditors looking for professional development
- Consultants looking to move into audit management roles
- Managers/prospective managers who have responsibility for other employees.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will have gained the following knowledge and skills and be able to:
- Establish team performance plans focused on achieving audit team goals
- Develop strategies to ensure team member involvement in relevant stages of the audit process
- Facilitate team decision making
- Mentor and support team members where problems are encountered
- Communicate information from stakeholders to the team
- Develop work plans and allocate work and associated resources
- Design and implement methods for assessing individual and team performance
- Provide feedback to team members on regular basis
- Agree performance improvement plans and coach team members as part of follow up.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
This training is available as:
- This training is available as a 2 day face-to-face course, public or ‘in house’ program.
The course features a range of assessment activities built around the competency elements of team performance planning, team building, facilitating teamwork and stakeholder liaison. Assessment is by means of scenario-based practical activities, case studies, role play scenarios and written assignments.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you believe that you have already acquired some or all of the competencies through previous training, work or life experience you can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL).